Monday 23 March 2009

First trial ride

Here's my first trial ride of the bike. 55km and lots of hills! And I didn't have any gear onboard. I'm going to get fit fast or die early. Or both....

Even in this relatively short ride I got to enjoy many of the nicer parts of cycling; the smells of bakeries and pie shops (and cow poo), the views of beautiful beaches and rolling farmland, the sound of birds calling and wind in the trees and my breath panting as I struggled up another short climb.

I've put my route onto http://www.mapmyride.com/. It's a great site and I'll try to put my trip onto it as I go. There's a little bit of messing about clicking on all the way points, but the end result is quite good. It also makes the blog a bit slow to load, so I've had a friend convert it to a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Choose Anonymous (if you don't have any of the accounts shown) to post your comment. Sign with your name. Thanks!