Tuesday 2 June 2009

New Brighton Beach

Ah the joys of the long weekend. What the Brits would call a Bank Holiday happened here this last weekend - no school and no work on Monday so we could celebrate the Queen's birthday by shopping. Funnily not even the Brits get a day off for Liz's birthday but out here in the furthest reaches of the Commonwealth, we do. Like with Amex, membership, does have it's privileges.

Not being too keen to face the crowds and being a bit tight with my money, I decided to brave the typically cold winter's day and ride out to New Brighton. I'd spent a couple of days observing at one of the primary schools there and was going to go back for more, so thought I'd see what it would be like to ride over. It's flat and only a half hour ride, but if the sub-zero mornings I've been waking up to continue, I think I'll be busing!

The school's only a few minutes for the beach so I rode over for a look. It's stunning and despite the weather there were many surfers in the water and people walking dogs along the beach. The light was really good and I managed to get these photos.



2 comments:

  1. I love those pics! Your camera is great!/K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, great pictures! I love the beach in the fall and winter- it's such a cold and bright light there then. And usually, you have it all to yourself. Before the "designer-sunglasses-showoff-crowd" invade it with a "latte to go" in their polished hands, in the spring...:) Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Choose Anonymous (if you don't have any of the accounts shown) to post your comment. Sign with your name. Thanks!