Wednesday 6 May 2009

Christchurch

I've never liked Christchurch. Growing up in a hilly, harbour city (Dunedin) and then moving to another one (Wellington), I've never understood how people can live in a flat town like Christchurch. Oh yeah it's got the port hills but they're mere bumps and on the edge of town. Having been here less than a week though the place is starting to grow on me. And on the Surly. Sans panniers I am racing everywhere at nearly twice the speed I was on tour. I hit 32km/h today with the help of a wee tailwind ON THE FLAT! Hmmmm. I might have to re-evaluate my opinion of the place.

In the centre of town there's Cathedral Square which features the cathedral (funny that),

one of those big chess sets



and this great big ice cream cone that my brother helped make.

And today is super sunny, even if yesterday was rainy and tomorrow's supposed to be more of the same.

1 comment:

  1. ooo I like the pics, I have almost the sa,e since I was there. Christchurch was my first stop in NZ and I can remember I quite liked it. Even though Dunedin is more beautiful./K

    ReplyDelete

Choose Anonymous (if you don't have any of the accounts shown) to post your comment. Sign with your name. Thanks!