Thursday 14 May 2009

First puncture

Sixteen hundred kilometres. One thousand miles. All the way from Auckland to Christchurch without a single puncture. All that way with a spare tube, a pump and tyre repair kit, even a spare tyre and nothing. Now during a quick 3km ride into town and back where "I won't need all that" I go and ride over this...



It was lying in the cycle lane, stealthily waiting for me to ride by before it leapt. It went through the bottom of the tyre and out the sidewall and the tyre went down faster than greased-up pig in a waterslide. So I walked the final 1km home. Even so Christchurch is still a gret place to ride around. And it's got a sense of humour about it all. Having said that I'll probably fall victim to the tram tracks next time I'm out on the bike...

1 comment:

Choose Anonymous (if you don't have any of the accounts shown) to post your comment. Sign with your name. Thanks!