Wednesday 15 April 2009

A day off in Wanganui

After a leisurely breakfast and a bit of laundry I cycled the 7km back into town to the i-site. Tony who helped me there was excellent. He showed me where to find a good bike shop, a supermarket and an internet connection. He even let me stick my bike in their bike shed. Tony, you're a gem. The best i-siter so far!

I went first to the Bike Shed where Doug had a mirror. Pedaller's Paradise recommends one so I thought after recent traumas with trucks I'd give one a go. Doug admired the Surly and was taken by the braze-ons for holding the spare spokes. It was good to have someone who knows bikes admire the Surly.

The internet session as a chore. The connection crashed a few times (I think it might be mapmyride????) and I only managed to catch up as far as Whangamomona. So I'm only three days behind.

Uploading the photos is taking the longest and I can't work out how to reduce their file size. Oh well.

So a nice, very sunny, easy day off the bike and a very yummy sweet and sour tofu for dinner. And, yes I cooked it all myself!

The myPod was a bit confused by the campsite's radio but "Shout" by Tears For Fears featured a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Choose Anonymous (if you don't have any of the accounts shown) to post your comment. Sign with your name. Thanks!