Thursday 2 April 2009

Technical tantrums

Oh what a day. Beautiful weather and an ideal opportunity for another crack at the Helensville loop (but clockwise this time). Six k's in and my cycle computer stops going, then about ten k's later my camera won't work! Big bunch of rude words!!!!

At lunch I managed to sort out the computer - the sensor had slipped along the chainstay and wasn't close enough to the magnet. Easy peasy.

The camera's a different story. I'd managed to get the lens to extend but couldn't get it back in. Figuring that the batteries might be flat I stopped and got some cheapies. It still wouldn't work. Finally when I got home I tried some Eveready Gold batteries and, presto! working again. Moral of the story "Don't buy no-name brand batteries at the $2 shop!"
My plan to get a photo of the fruit shop sign which reads

OUTDOOR GRAPES
GROWN HERE
INSTORE

was foiled. Oh well.

Other than that, it was a good ride. Great weather. No dickhead drivers. Fantastic chips from Fay's Takeaways in Helensville and plenty of bananas.

And today's myPod hit..... Our House by Madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Choose Anonymous (if you don't have any of the accounts shown) to post your comment. Sign with your name. Thanks!